Monday 13 August 2018

Bangkok Thailand - Roaming Around The City



If you think about Thailand one thing that comes up to your mind is its capital city, Bangkok. One of the top pick cities frequently visited by tourist in Asia. The lively city offers you different things from temples, floating markets, night markets, food, shopping and many more. I will elaborate in this blog the places I visited and what to do to save money while traveling and still enjoying the place. 


Choosing a place to stay (Hotel/Hostel/AirBnB/Dormitory)

  • First, your hotel should be near and accessible to transportation. For me what I did was I choose my hotel near the train station. By doing this, I have easy access all over the city in a very efficient way. Train stations in Bangkok is cheap, easy to use and tourist friendly.
  • Second, know what places you wanted to visit in the City. If you already know in advance where you wanted to go this will be your basis in choosing a hotel that is near in the area you wanted to visit. this will save you money in transportation.
  • Third, choose a hotel that will suit your budget goal. If your in a tight budget and you don't mind staying in a dorm or in a bed space then go for it. There are a lot of hotel/dormitory in Bangkok to choose from that will save you a lot of money.
  • Fourth, before you book a hotel be sure to check first the reviews and comments of travelers. Don't be deceived by the photos you see because these are the good spots the hotel management have chosen so that it will be appealing to travelers. For my case I always read all the reviews from different hotel booking website/app in order for me to choose the best hotel that will suit me. By doing this all, I can now assess where I will stay in the city.


Here are the links of the websites I use in choosing where to stay. Assess first before choosing a place.


For additional reference for reviews while traveling please check this link.




Places to Visit in Bangkok






Grand Palace & Wat Prakeaw
Opening Hours: Daily 8:30 to 15:30
 Location: Na Phra Lan Road, Old City
 Entrance Fee: 500 Baht 



How to get there: For me since my hotel is near the train station I just rode a blue line MRT subway going to Hua Lunpong station. From there you can ride a taxi (100-150 Baht) or a bus (#25 or #52) going to Grand Palace.






In the afternoon, you will see Royal Guards marching around the Grand Palace. Click the video below to see them in action.




The Grand Palace & Wat Prakeaw becomes crowded over the weekends. To enjoy the place visit the Grand Palace during 
weekdays were tourists are not that much.

The structures are pretty much amazing and you can take a lot of pictures with this beautiful spot in Bangkok.

Note: All visitors must wear appropriate clothing meaning no exposed shoulder or skin above the knee applicable to all men and women. 


Wat Arun (The Temple of Dawn)
Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 to 17:30
Location: Opposite Tha Thien Pier, Chao Praya River
Entrance Fee: 50 Baht 


How to get here: After visiting the Grand Palace, walk going to Tha Thien Pier and ride a boat (4 baht) going to the opposite side where Wat Arun is located.





Wat Pho (Temple of Reclining Buddha)
Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 to 17:00
Location: Maharat Road close to the river
Entrance Fee: 100 Baht






How to get there: This is near the Tha Thien Pier Chao Praya River so after visiting Wat Arun you go straight to Wat Pho (Temple of Reclining Buddha). A 10 minutes walk from the Grand Palace.




 Trivia: You will need to take your shoes off to enter and if you like a good luck you will be needing to purchase a bowl of coins at the entrance of the hallway which you can drop in the 108 bronze bowls.


Chatuchak Market
Opening Hours: Fridays 18:00 to 24:00
                           Saturday & Sunday 09:00 to 18:00



How to get there: If your hotel is near the train stations (BTS or MRT) just ride the train from BTS sktrain to Mo Chit station take exit 1 and follow the trail of people going to the market and if from MRT subway take the Kampheng Phet station or the Chatuchak Park walk going to exit 1 up to the market.

   





Chatuchak Market has 8,000+ stores so you have plenty to choose from variety of food, shopping, souvenirs, clothes, bags, books, plants and a lot more. Alot a half day to tour around the place and to take a look of all the items you wanted to buy.

Floating Markets

Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
Opening Hours: Daily 8:00 to 24:00
Location: Damnoen Saduak District, Ratchaburi Province


How to get there: Located about 100 kilometers southwest of Bangkok recommended budget tips to go there is by Bus or by Van. The travel time is around 2 hours going to the market.

By Bus: Take bus #78 at the Southern Bus Terminal. Bus trip starts at 6AM and bus fare is around  70-80 Baht. 

By Van from Victory Monument fare is around 90-100 Baht.


Amphawa Floating Market
Opening Hours: Friday-Sunday  9:00 to 22:00
Location: Samut Songkhram


How to get there: By Van from Southern Bus Terminal fare is 100 Baht. The journey takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes. The Van will drop you near Maeklong Market. Here you can see not just a typical market, but a market in a railway. Once the train comes near the market the vendors fix there goods making way for the train to pass by. If you want the train to see in action passing by the market train departs Maeklong at 6:20AM, 9:00AM, 11:30AM, 3:30PM and the train arrives at 8:30AM, 11:10AM, 2:30PM, 5:40PM.


     Check below video if you want to see the train in action passing by the Maeklong Market.






Amphawa Market is only 10 minutes ride of songthaews (local taxi trucks) that are located at the junction area of Maeklong. Songthaews fare going to Amphawa Market is only 8 Baht.


Amphawa floating market offers different hand-made crafts, souvenirs and tons of food. If you are a seafood lover this is a place for you. Boat vendors selling seafood can be seen all over the Amphawa Market.


When in Amphawa Market, I recommend you to try drinking milk tea and eat Pad Thai, a very authentic staple Thai dish.Try also their fried rice or krapow, boat noddles a rice noddles with sliced meat in a pig's blood soup.

Roaming around the City of Bangkok I saw this beautiful structure from afar. In my curiosity I research about what the building is. MahaNakhon is a mixed-use skyscraper in the central business district of Bangkok. The shape of the building is like a glass curtain walled square tower with a cuboid-surfaced spiral cut into the side of the building. As per my research the building is not open to the public and floor count is 77 floors.




While walking around the MahaNakhon building I saw this cone like structure branch of starbucks. Good coffee plus good company and a good ambiance equals happiness.



PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER TRAVEL BLOGS:


TAIPEI - WHERE TO GO
KAOHSIUNG TAIWAN TRAVEL TIPS







49 comments:

  1. Thanks lettyharry!Hope you get the information that you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you recommend a hotel accommodation that is near tourists spots and easy access to transportation? I want to visit bangkok in december with my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please check the links above of Agoda or Booking.com follow the links and from there choose whats best for you. :)

      Delete
  3. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    ผ้าขนหน

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.
    ผ้าเช็ดตัว

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    วิธีดูการข่าว Forex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    CFD คือ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
    ร้านขายอะไหล่รถยนต์

    ReplyDelete
  8. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.
    วิเคราะห์ธุรกิจ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.
    แอร์บ้าน

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    Agile project management course

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    ผ้าขนหนูโรงแรม

    ReplyDelete
  12. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.
    ซื้อ เซิ ฟ เวอร์

    ReplyDelete
  13. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    ราคา blade server

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penmanship an idiom is no circumstance at numerous if you don't clog the mains of it. If you are eligible on the machinations in talk an abacus consequently it is a colossal critical for you to pilot a computer gymnastics. Regarding about the grabs, it is important that you consider numerous of them no synonymous what this conversation desire to speech. Forex เปิด ปิด กี่โมง

    ReplyDelete
  15. This blog is really helpful regarding all educational knowledge I earned. It covered a great area of subject which can assist a lot of needy people. Everything mentioned here is clear and very useful.
    Agile Project Management

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the first time I came to this blog and I found some relevant stuff here. Basically I keen to know new parameters of writing every-time and sometime it become really very hard to find such kind of platform.
    ผ้าเช็ดตัว

    ReplyDelete
  17. That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. They all are really very useful for me as well as for my team. We are definitely going to use its highlighted information.
    ของรับไหว้

    ReplyDelete
  18. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.
    ขาย server dell

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found this blog after a long time which is really helpful to let understand different approaches. I am going to adopt these new point to my career and thankful for this help.
    ราคา เครื่อง เซิ ฟ เวอร์

    ReplyDelete
  20. This blog is really helpful for my database. It enhanced the area of my thoughts and pushed me beyond the boundaries. Work ethic of every point is different and represent a new way to improve myself.
    ติว sat

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    verloskundige amsterdam zuid

    ReplyDelete
  22. Remarkable experience earned after reading all the points of this website. I tried hard to get clue about how I could prove content of its blogs not much effective but I surrendered all my weapons just after reading it.
    pedicure zaandam

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    psychotherapeut nijmegen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts about this blog and its much more helpful for us .
    relatietherapie amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism.
    ผ้าห่มขนหนู

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    สีไม้

    ReplyDelete
  27. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    ประตู digital door lock

    ReplyDelete
  28. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information.
    หนังสือจิตวิทยา น่าอ่าน

    ReplyDelete
  29. I enjoyed reading this blog. in my opinion, everything was perfectly written there as well as few small tips are also can be taken as healthy suggestion. Descriptive informative content written in this blog is very useful.
    วิเคราะห์ Forex ด้วย Stochastic

    ReplyDelete
  30. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    ผ้าเช็ดตัวโรงแรม

    ReplyDelete
  31. This blog is really helpful regarding all educational knowledge I earned. It covered a great area of subject which can assist a lot of needy people. Everything mentioned here is clear and very useful.
    แอร์ถูก

    ReplyDelete
  32. A blog must be connected to the person in need. It is really important to understand the actual feel of such necessity and the essence of objective behind it. Author must give proper time to understand every topic before writing it.
    IBM IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! This is the perfect blog I am looking this type of blog its awesome blog here , share great information about this topic. This informative blog helps many readers with their decision-making regarding the situation. Great articles and will look forward for more!
    CISCO Cisco Meraki MR33

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! This is the perfect blog I am looking this type of blog its awesome blog here , share great information about this topic. This informative blog helps many readers with their decision-making regarding the situation. Great articles and will look forward for more!
    ปวดไมเกรน

    ReplyDelete
  35. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.
    QNAP TVS X82T Series

    ReplyDelete
  36. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.
    ผ้าเช็ดตัว

    ReplyDelete
  37. No one can stop you writing a perfect blog or article if you are passionate to your job. Your aim is to satisfy your readers with a well written blog and your passion is always behind your every successful assignment. Impressive writing skills can be observed over here.
    Broker

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice to read this publication on this blog. As far as I can see, this is a very basic question for everyone indeed. Its my personal opinion and I am completely agreed with the subject used here
    ออกแบบสติ๊กเกอร์ไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism.
    Ruckus R500 Unleashed

    ReplyDelete
  40. The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog.
    ผ้าเช็ดตัวโรงแรม

    ReplyDelete
  41. Nothing remain forever. Then why to keep same patter of work again and again. Why to repeat same strategy for very essay. Use differ strategy for different subjects because every subject has its own meaning. Keep such posts on.
    ผ้าขนหนูโรงแรม

    ReplyDelete
  42. A blog must be connected to the person in need. It is really important to understand the actual feel of such necessity and the essence of objective behind it. Author must give proper time to understand every topic before writing it.
    ผ้าเช็ดตัวโรงแรม

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    Price Action Forex คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  44. This blog is really helpful to deliver updated educational affairs over internet which is really appraisable. I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now.
    zwangerschapscursus amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for creating this amazing list of places to roam in Bangkok,I am visiting the city in the coming month, i will surely going to visit these place during my visit.I am looking forward for a list of best places for dining in bangkok.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I had been honored to obtain a call from a friend as he found the important guidelines shared on the site. Browsing your blog post is a real wonderful experience. Thanks again for thinking of readers like me, and I hope for you the best of achievements as being a professional discipline.
    Ludhiana to Delhi One Way Taxi

    ReplyDelete
  47. This blog resolved all my queries I had in my mind. Really helpful and supportive subject matter written in all the points. Hard to find such kind of blogs as descriptive and accountable to your doubts.zwangerschapscursus amsterdam

    ReplyDelete